We are an innovative, solution driven financial services institution operating in the payments and e-money space, committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity and compliance whilst providing customers with the products and services they need. We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Financial Crime Analyst to join our London-based team in a hybrid role, spending 3 days in the office and 2 days working remotely.
As a Financial Crime Analyst with expertise in the payments and e-money sector, you will play a crucial role in supporting our efforts to combat money laundering, fraud, sanctions violations, and other financial crimes. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience within banking and payments industries, including proficiency in AML/CTF investigations, sanctions investigations, and managing and optimising financial crime systems. The individual should be data-driven, self-motivated, and comfortable working in small teams.
- This role reports to the Deputy MLRO (DMLRO) within the UK Compliance function and will be based primarily supporting Cornerstone Payments Solutions Ltd (UK entity).Conduct detailed and comprehensive analysis of payment transactions, customer profiles, and account activities to identify and mitigate potential financial crime risks.
- Utilise data analysis tools and techniques to identify patterns, anomalies, and trends that may indicate financial crime activities.
- Investigate and analyse suspicious activities, transactions, and behaviour patterns, utilising available internal and external tools, databases, and resources.
- Implement appropriate fraud management practices and internal investigations of potential fraudulent transactions
- Assist in the development and implementation of transaction monitoring and surveillance systems, ensuring their effectiveness in identifying potential risks.
- Conduct initial and ingoing due diligence checks on customers, merchants, and third-party service providers to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Participate in internal and external audits, examinations, and regulatory reviews related to financial crime compliance.
- Leverage data-driven insights to identify areas for process improvement and automation, enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of financial crime investigations.
- Conduct KYB/KYC checks on prospective clients
- Assist with data collation for regulatory reporting to the FCA.
- Prepare and submit reports on suspicious activities, escalating issues to senior management as required.
- Stay updated on the latest industry trends, regulatory requirements, and best practices related to financial crime prevention, including AML, CFT, sanctions compliance and fraud.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including compliance, operations, and technology departments, to enhance existing systems, processes, and controls to detect and prevent financial crime.
Qualifications and Experience (must have):
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working within Financial Crime, preferably within the UK’s payments or e-money sectors.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of anti-money laundering (AML) regulations, JMLSG guidance, and the FCA handbook.
- Proven experience in conducting AML investigations, sanctions investigations, and utilising financial crime systems.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience using data analysis tools and techniques to identify patterns and anomalies.
- Knowledge of FCA Connect and RegData systems
- High level of integrity and ethics, with a commitment to upholding regulatory and compliance standards.
Qualifications and Experience (desirable):
- ICA/ACAMS certifications are highly preferred.
- Familiarity with acquirer operations and merchant acquiring would be an added advantage.
- Experience using RiskNarrative or similar systems for customer onboarding would be an added advantage.
We offer a competitive salary package, including benefits and career development opportunities, within a dynamic and collaborative work environment. This hybrid role provides flexibility while maintaining a collaborative office environment. If you are passionate about combating financial crime, possess the necessary skills and experience, and thrive in a data-driven and small-team setting, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.